In this article, learn how to create a menu from scratch or import one from a delivery channel.
Step 1. Navigate to the Menus page in the sidebar.
Step 2. Click on the ＋Add New Menu button.
Step 3. You will now have two options to choose from.
Option 1 - Create menu: Start building a new menu without importing data. Follow the instructions directly below.
Option 2 - Import menu: Use an existing delivery channel or JSON file to recreate an existing menu. Follow the instructions under the Option 2 - Import menu heading.
Option 1 - Create menu
Step 4. Complete the following fields:
- Menu Image: Upload an image to display on your menu.
- Menu Name: This name will be shown to customers on your channels.
- Internal Menu Name (optional): By adding a name, you can easily distinguish this menu. This name won't be shown outside of Deliverect.
- Menu Description (optional): Provide additional information about this menu.
- Type: How customers will receive their orders (delivery, pickup, etc).
- Use Products From: Choose which location to use.
Click on the Save Menu And Create Categories button once ready.
Step 5. Now is the time to add categories to your menu. Click on ＋Add Category.
Step 6. Enter a name for this category and optionally a description.
Step 7. Once the category has been created, you can add items to it. To do so, click on the add menu items button. If you do not yet have any products in Deliverect, view this article on how to sync products from your POS.
Step 8. Choose the products you would like to add to your menu. You can select multiple at once and search for products. Click on the Add Products button once ready.
Step 9. You can re-arrange your products by clicking and dragging them by the area circled below.
Or you can sort them by name or price with the Sort Menu Items button.
To save and publish your menu, read the Finishing up section.
Step 4. If you have a compatible channel connected to your Deliverect account, you will be able to choose it in the Import Menu From dropdown. Otherwise, you can use a JSON file to import your menu. For the Link Products To Location dropdown, choose the location that Deliverect should use to attempt to link products. Click then on the Import Menu button for it to be recreated in Deliverect.
To save or publish your menu, click on those buttons at the bottom of the page
Before publishing your menu, remember to first set your Available Times/Opening hours.
You can also manage groups, preview your menu, or fine tune it for individual locations or channels
2. Clicking on the More button will allow you to export it as a .csv file
3. Finally, if you would like to translate your menu to other languages, choose the Edit Translations button