Up-sells are a great way of marketing and convince the customer to buy something extra.
This feature isn't supported for each POS integration, so check with your Deliverect AM if you can use this feature or not.
Please follow these steps to create upsells in your menu:
Create an internal up-sells modifier in Deliverect
Yes, you're right, normally you're not allowed to create something internal in Deliverect if you have a POS integration. But in this case, it's an exception! We don't send the modifier group to the POS, only the product that the customer choose.
1. Products > 'Add New Product':
2. Create the Upsell Modifier Group:
- Create a new internal modifier group, don't forget to select "modifier group" as a product type.
Fg.: Extra drink?
- Choose a min of 0, because upsells aren't mandatory to choose and save.
- Select the locations to get products from
- Add the product by name or PLU
3. Link the internal modifier group to a product(s)
- Search for the product > Edit
- Use 'add Products' to search for your Modifier Group created in 2.
4. View the Upsell in your menu
Head to Menus > Preview Menu > locate the product:
5. Publish the menu changes to the delivery channels
Publish the menu live!
If you don't know how to publish a menu live, please read this article.