This article is created for resellers who will handle the menu setup for unTill customers.
Sales area settings
Create a new sales area in case the online menu will differ from the restaurant (in-house) menu.
E.g. Sales area 'Integrations':
Next, ask the customer which products should be made available on the new sales area. (You can select products / departments / option groups that should be available in the new sales area).
E.g. Connect a department to the sales area:
Important remark: Note that it is perfectly possible to have the same products in both sales areas, but in case you do not want to have all options present on the online menu, you only connect the options you wish to see on the online menu.
Example: The customer wants to sell Pizza Margherita in the restaurant and online. In the restaurant the Pizza Margherita has the option 'Extra cheese'. Online you do not wish to give that option, so you do not enable 'Extra cheese' on the Integrations floor.
--> Sales area: Restaurant: Pizza Margherita with Option 'Extra Cheese'
--> Sales area: Integrations: Pizza Margherita without any options.
By default, the normal price will be selected. In case the customer prefers to have different prices for the online menu, you create a new price category.
E.g. Price category - Online price:
Now, update the products with the 'Online Price'. To do so, select the product > 'double click' > select 'Online Price' > set the price > Press OK.
In Deliverect, only 1 price category can be selected. That means that when a customer prefers to have a different price for the different delivery channels (e.g. Uber Eats and Deliveroo), that is not possible at the moment. Only 1 price category will be taken as a reference for all products on the menu.
Important remark: Options cannot be part of multiple option groups while having a different price, because only 1 price will be shown online.
In case you wish to have the same option with a different price, a new option (item) needs to be created with the new price, so you end up with 2 items with a unique price.
How to add Products / Items to the online menu
- Create products in unTill
- Make the products available in the required sales areas (in this case Integrations)
- Add the 'online price' if you wish to use a different price
- Add options if needed (see below) and make them available on the Integrations sales area.
Some product types are not supported:
- Combo menus
- Products containing options with options attached to those options
- Eg. Hamburger with Option 'Fries'. The option 'Fries' itself already has an option 'Sauce'. Those are 3 levels, something which is currently not supported. Only 2 levels are supported: Hamburger with option fries OR Fries with option sauce.
What can be added in Deliverect afterwards:
- Product images
- Product descriptions
Option groups and options
In unTill, there are 4 different types of option groups that can be attached to a product (Item).
1. Must-have options (#1)
- When a must-have option is attached to an item, you have to choose an option (minimum 1: min=1).
- You can attach as many must-have groups to a product/department as you wish.
- Only link these type of option groups to the 'Integrations' sales area if you want to add them to the menu.
- If you have an option group 'Choose your toppings', please add the option 'No Toppings - €0'.
- Note that you have a checkmark that sets the min=1 & max=1 for this option group. If you want to allow the customers to select more than 1 option for that group, you need to disable the checkbox and allow a different maximum amount.
! If the product has a must-have option attached to it, know that you should also present that must-have option online. If you don't, the orders will fail (unTill will expect an option of this group to enter the POS. When this is not the case, the order fails).
If you do not wish to add this option to the online menu, please remove it from the 'Integrations' sales area.
! In case multiple must-have options are attached, all of these option groups should be present in the online menu, otherwise the orders will fail.
2. Free options (#2)
- When a must-have option is attached to an item, you do not have to choose an option (min = 0).
- You can only add one free option group per product.
! Free option groups hence do not need to be present in the online menu, since the customer is not obliged to make a choice. The POS therefore also does not expect an option of this group.
3. Supplements (#3)
- When a supplement is attached to an item, you do not have to choose an option (min = 0).
- Supplements are connected to a department, so they cannot be attached to an individual product.
- You can only have one supplement group per department.
4. Condiments (#4)
- Condiments do not have a price, so these are not supported.
! You'll be able to see the type of option group for scenarios #1, #2 and #3 after synchronisation in Deliverect.