Tailor your Delivery Manager App (DMA) to your needs by adjusting the available options. In this article, learn where to find the Settings screen and what each option means.
Step 1. Open your app and tap on the More icon at the bottom right.
Step 2. Tap on the Settings option.
Step 3. Here you will find your Settings screen, split up into different sections.
- App updates: Tap on Check for updates to see if there are any available. New updates will also be periodically displayed on the main screen.
- Diagnostic reports: Tapping on Send reports will send log files from your device to our developers about the status of the app. This is particularly useful if you are experiencing any technical issues.
- Printing: If enabled, tickets will be printed when orders or rider updates are received. Requires a printer to be configured and online.
- Printers: Connect to a supported printer. For more details, read this article.
- Automatically print: Enable for tickets to be printed automatically once an order has been accepted.
- Print rider updates (not supported by all channels): If enabled, driver/rider/courier updates will automatically be printed as they are received.
- Ticket font size: Change the size of the font on printed tickets. Use a larger font if text is printed too small.
- Number of tickets: The value chosen here will decide how many times a ticket should be printed.
- Show price on receipts: If enabled, prices will be displayed on receipts.
- Print test receipt: After connecting a printer, this option can be used to check if it is working correctly.
- Automatically accept orders: If enabled, orders will be accepted automatically without notification.
- Default preparation time: The default time to prepare orders. This only affects channels that support this functionality. Check with your Deliverect account manager to find out if this is possible with your channels.
- Order flow: Here you can manage the different statuses for orders. Read more about this option.
- Enable scheduled orders: If enabled, scheduled orders will appear in the Scheduled section of your Orders screen. If disabled, scheduled orders will exist in the New section.
- Allow indefinite snoozing: If enabled, items can be snoozed for an unspecified time.
- Periodically load the orders: If enabled, the app will routinely check for new orders. This is helpful if you do not have a stable internet connection.
- Play a sound when a new order comes in: If enabled, an alert will be sounded for each new order.
- Sound duration: If you have sound notifications enabled, the time entered here will determine how long the sound will play (in seconds).
- Select a notification sound: Fancy a different sound for new orders? Choose here a different one.
Tap on Switch location if would like to manage a different location with this app.