Although not all channels currently support sending the discount totals through to Deliverect, for the channels that do support it, the process to enabling these is often very similar.
How does Deliverect deal with discounts?
When a discount is applied to your customer's order, this balance will need to be reflected in your Deliverect order and subsequently in Lightspeed.
When the order comes into Deliverect, the 'Discount Total' will display beneath your 'Sub Total':
When the order is sent to Lightspeed, the Discount Total will also be highlighted on the Lightspeed order.
Your Lightspeed reports will allow you to keep track of the discounts processed.
How to configure discounts?
Once you've enabled a discount on your specific delivery channel (this is normally done in the manager portal of that specific delivery service) you're able to configure your Lightspeed account to make sure that Deliverect can send through the discounts.
The first step to enabling discounts is to sign-in to your Lightspeed Back-Office. From there you will need to select: Products> Products> Discounts
Once at the discounts screen you are able to select the 'Add Discount' button to add a new discount.
To aid in your reconciliation and reporting we recommend that you create a unique Discount Product for each Delivery Channel where you will be running discounts.
Once selected there are a few fields that need to be filled in to process your discounts:
- Name: The name of your delivery channel + Discount
- PLU: Technically the PLU for your discount product can be anything you'd like but we suggest using 'UE99' for UberEats, 'DELD99' for Deliveroo, and 'TA99' for Takeaway.
- Discount: Please set your discount amount to 0.00$ as this will allow us to override the correct discount amount for each order.
- Visible: If you don't want the discount option to be visible to your staff you are able to turn-off that toggle.
- Discount Types: In order for it to work, please set the discount type as a Reduction Current in Lightspeed. Setting it up as a Reduction Ticket will cause the discount to come in as $0.
Once you've filled out all the necessary fields your Discount product should look something like this:
You will need to repeat the process for each Delivery Service you'd like to enable discounts for. This should leave your screen looking like this:
Once finished adding the new discount products please contact your Customer Success Manager, or email@example.com to allow us to enable discounts for your account.